Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Humor Therapy


I have a few clients who even in the face of tough, traumatic life situations always enjoy a good laugh. Humor is a way to wake up, and take a breather from being self identified. Partly this is because on the physical efforts that laughter has on the body. We receive an increase of oxygen, short-term charges in hormones and neurotransmitters and an increased heart rate with a good laugh. Many people I work with love therapy jokes.

Three of my favorite performers doing therapy humor are: Stop It by Bob Newhart, Humor Therapy (Part 1) by Ellen DeGeneres, Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura





4 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

Just catching up on some of your blog posts and I love the one on being copied...your memory of being copied in the classroom brought back a few memories for me and they weren't good ones! =-\

Luckily, we can try to look back with a bit of humor as your post of today reminds us. I'll be sure to look up those links for a laugh when needed =-)

Karen Wallace said...

Monica, Hello. I am so happy when you drop by!!! Hugs Karen

Ms. said...

I come to my blog readings late--it's already crossed over into the 2nd--but just had to tell you how timely your message is for me. January was both physically and emotionally exhausting (helping to pack up and say goodbye forever on the 31st to an elder (85) local friend (moving into assisted living in another state) with whom I've had the most multifaceted, dark and light, complicated relationship with for the past 15-20 years). So this bit of humor, the reminder to laugh, was like a gift from the universe! I copy pasted the Bob Newhart one for sending on to friends, and laughed out loud watching it too. Thank you my dear.

Carole Reid said...

Laughter is good medicine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails